How To Play Netflix On Projector From Android Phone, iPhone And Laptop
Netflix has gradually become one of the most used streaming sites globally. Currently, Netflix is available on most smart devices, including smartphones (android and iPhone), projectors, TVs, and computers. It is possible to connect an Android phone, iPhone, or laptop to a projector to watch a Netflix movie; this allows you to enjoy your favorite TV show or movie on a bigger screen.
You can use an HDMI cable with a converter to connect an Android phone and iPhone to a projector to watch Netflix. Wired connections with Chromecast, Roku, and Miracast are also supported. Connecting your laptop to a projector to watch a Netflix video is the easiest; you have to connect the laptop to the projector with an HDMI cable.
Connecting any of the three devices to a projector to watch a Netflix show is not difficult. In this article, I have discussed the various ways to connect any of the three devices to a projector to watch Netflix.
How to Watch Netflix on a Projector From an Android Phone
There are many Android phone users globally, and this OS supports Netflix. Generally, there are three possible ways to connect your Android phone to a projector to watch Netflix: HDMI Cable connection, Chromecast, and Miracast.
Connection With an HDMI Cable
It would help if you got an HDMI adapter for your Android phone since they do not have HDMI ports.
Connect the adapter to your Android mobile, then use the HDMI port on the projector to connect it. Open the Netflix App next and then select a movie to play. While the movie is playing, make sure to hit the “cast” button to have it projected on the projector.
BenQ projector image is greyed out
It is worth knowing that Chromecast can be used for iPhones as well. Your projector has to support HDMI connections to utilize Chromecast. Thankfully, HDMI ports are available on most devices. A Chromecast adaptor is also required and may be bought at any electronics store.
- Turn on the projector.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the Chromecast device and the other end to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Download and install the Google Home app on your smartphone from Google Play or App Store if you use an iPhone.
- Connect the device to Chromecast.
- Open the Google Home app and locate the Accounts tab at the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down and select Mirror device.
- Tap the Cast Screen/Audio button, choose your Chromecast, and then click Connect. The content should now be visible on the projector.
If your projector has a built-in Miracast feature, you may connect without additional gear using your phone (not even a router). If your devices allow screen mirroring and you don’t want to buy an HDMI cable or streaming device, this approach is perfect for you.
Miracast is supported by many phones, but not all. Follow the instruction below to connect via Miracast. The procedure may vary between phone models.
- To choose Screen Mirroring, press the projector’s Input button or the remote control.
- The button may be labeled LAN on some projectors. Navigate to Network > Screen Mirroring > ON when the projector displays a menu.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen on your phone to see the notification menu, then select the mirroring option. It may be called Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Cast, Quick Connect, etc., depending on your device.
- Open the options and check the Connections or Display > Wireless display sections if you can’t locate them.
- When you see the projector, choose it. Even if it may go by a name you are unfamiliar with, if it is the only one on the list, it is most likely the correct one.
- Play the video by using the Netflix app.
Ensure that both the Android phone and the projector are on the same Wi-Fi network.
The video below shows how to access Netflix from your projector.
How To Play Netflix On Your Projector From An iPhone?
Connecting your iPhone to a projector to watch Netflix is nothing complicated. In addition to the methods that I will list, you can follow the Chromecast procedure, as this also works with iPhones.
Here, I have discussed two ways to connect an iPhone to a projector; with an HDMI connection and a streaming device.
Using an HDMI Connection
You will need a lightning-to-HDMI converter for the connection. This type of connection is the simplest method to connect your iPhone to a projector to watch Netflix:
- Connect your iPhone to the HDMI to lightning cable adapter.
- Insert an HDMI cable into the adapter’s HDMI port and the other in the projector’s HDMI port.
- Ensure the projector’s input source is set to HDMI (it should do this independently, but different models may vary).
- Your iPhone’s display will appear on your projector. You may now access Netflix on your iPhone and watch any film or tv series you like.
Using a Streaming Device
By affixing a streaming device to a projector and casting your iPhone to it, you can also stream Netflix from your iPhone to a projector. This configuration is an excellent choice if you already own a streaming device. If you don’t own a streaming device, then Roku is a wise investment. Netflix no longer supports AirPlay on Apple TV devices, even though it seems a more natural choice.
Here’s how to use your iPhone to cast to a streaming device:
- Ensure your iPhone, Roku, and projector are connected to the same Wi-Fi network first.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect the Roku device to your projector.
- Set your projector’s input source to HDMI. Some projectors may automatically detect the input source and set it up.
- Open Netflix and select the TV show or movie you want to watch.
- Then click Cast in the top-right corner of the display.
- Choose your Roku device from the list of screen-casting-capable devices.
- You should be able to view playing video on the projector screen at this point.
How to Play Netflix on a Projector From a Laptop
By far, this is the easiest way; it is quite normal and easy for most people to connect a laptop to a projector. With a wired connection, you must connect the input cable and play a movie.
Ensure the video port on the laptop or PC and the video port on the projector is the same type because there are many display connections. If not, you must use a video output converter cable to switch between different video signals.
Determine the appropriate one or get a converter if necessary. To connect your laptop to the projector, insert the HDMI cable in both devices’ ports and set the projector’s input source to HDMI.
Once the connection is complete, open the Netflix app on your laptop and play a movie.
Now, you have the chance to enjoy your favorite Netflix show on a bigger stream and watch it with the whole family. Regardless of your device, it is possible to connect it to a project and watch Netflix.
If you use a wireless connection method, ensure that the connected device and the projector are on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, ensure to use an HDMI cable for the wired connections because both video and audio signals are supported.
If you want to use an external speaker rather than your projector’s own, connect the speaker with an audio jack or Bluetooth if the projector supports it.