Buying an Insignia TV on a low budget may be a good purchase when you consider the features Insignia TVs have to offer you as a TV viewer. Insignia TVs have a good picture and audio qualities when you compare them with other brands with similar price ranges. In spite of this, Insignia TVs may run into serious issues during their usage, which will require that you reset some of its features or the entire system to its factory settings.
If you are experiencing problems with your Insignia TV and wish to reset it, here’s a perfect opportunity for you to learn how to reset your TV. So, how do you reset an Insignia TV?. You can reset an Insignia TV to factory settings by using the remote or the power button on your TV. You will have to start the reset process by selecting the Wipe Data or Factory Reset option.
Problems involving power issues, internet connectivity issues, and a black screen displaying background sounds should inform you that your TV needs a reset. However, you should not always rush to carry out a factory reset since you will literally erase your TV’s data if you factory reset your device. Resetting should be your last resort when all other attempts fail. In this article, I’m going to guide you on how to reset your Insignia TV, so read on for further information if resetting is the option you have left.
What You Should Do Before You Reset Your Insignia TV
Resetting your Insignia TV comes with its pros and cons. Although your TV is going to come out fresh after the process, you will also lose any data or customized settings on your TV.
What’s worse? You will not be able to back up your apps, data, or settings.
Before you reset your Insignia TV to factory settings, you should consider power cycling or soft resetting your TV. When you power cycles your TV, you will not have any of your data wiped out or permanently erased.
What you are essentially doing is that you giving your TV a fresh start by getting rid of any technical errors that might have developed while your TV is on. To power cycle or soft reset your Insignia TV, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your Insignia TV and unplug its power cable from the power supply.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV for about 30 seconds.
- Wait for another 30 seconds and plug your TV back into its power supply.
- Turn on your TV.
Power cycling your device this way should help solve the problem that you are facing.
Alternatively, you should consider updating your TV’s software. Updating the TV’s system will likely fix some bugs and software errors on your device and if you are lucky, the problem will be resolved.
In such a case, there will be no need to reset your TV.
If the update fails to solve your problem, keep a separate record of your data or apps somewhere else before you reset the TV to factory settings.
The best way is to take photos of the settings, data, or apps.
Taking photos will help you set up your TV easily and quicker when the reset is complete.
How Do I Reset My Insignia TV?
You can reset your Insignia TV by using the remote control or the buttons on your TV. New models of Insignia TVs also have a reset button on the TV which you can manually use to reset the TV.
If you want to reset the TV to factory settings using a remote, you should ensure that your remote’s batteries are functioning properly in order not to disappoint you in the middle of the resetting process. You may decide to use new batteries if you wish.
How Do I Reset My Insignia TV With a Remote?
Below are the steps for resetting your Insignia TV to factory settings using a remote:
- While your TV is on, search for the Home button on your remote and then press it.
- Navigate to Settings and choose System.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate to Reset To Default and press OK.
- Choose Advanced System Settings from the list of options and then go to Factory Reset. Press OK on your remote.
- Go to Factory Reset Everything and choose Yes to begin resetting the TV.
- Wait for some minutes for the Insignia system to complete the reset process.
A setup screen will pop up when the rest is complete. Sign in with your Google credentials or whichever credentials you used to sign in before the reset and then begin to customize your settings and download new apps as you did when you bought them first.
Some Insignia models will require you to input a code before the reset process begins. The code to key in such cases will be displayed on your screen as you go through the process. Key in that code and press OK on your remote to begin the reset process.
How Do I Reset My Insignia TV Without a Remote?
If you do not have a remote or your TV’s remote is not working, you can still reset your Insignia TV by using the power button and other buttons on your TV.
Here are the steps to reset your Insignia TV without a remote:
- Remove the plug of the TV’s power cord from its power supply.
- Search for the power button on the TV. Press the power button and hold it while you plug in the TV’s power cord into the power supply.
- When the TV turns on and you see the welcome menu, release your finger from the power button.
- The TV will display its Android Recovery Mode. Allow some minutes for it to load completely.
- Use the channel or volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Data or Factory Reset.
- Press the Power button and hold it for some seconds until the color of the text changes to green.
- A screen will be displayed asking you to confirm the factory reset. Press the Power button once to select Yes. The reset process will start automatically when you press the Power button
- Allow the system to wipe all of its data. When the process is complete, it will display a message on the screen that the wipe data process is 100% complete.
- Use the volume or channel buttons to select Reboot System Now. Press and hold the power button until the Reboot System Now text turns green.
When the text turns green, the system will begin to reboot and your TV will be reset to factory settings.
You will have to set up your TV again when the reset process is complete.
How to Reset Insignia TV Using Reset Button
Most Insignia TV models do not have a reset button. However, some newer models do have and you can use this button to reset your TV as well.
If your Insignia TV happens to have the reset, you can locate at the back of your TV, close to where the USB ports are.
The button is so small to be pressed by a human finger so you can only press it with a tiny pointed object such as a pen or pin.
You can reset your Insignia TV using the reset button by following these steps:
- Turn on your TV. The TV should be on the Home screen when it is turned on.
- Locate the reset button at the back of your TV.
- Press and hold the rest button with a pen for about 30 seconds.
The reset process will automatically be initiated after you press the reset button for that long.
Make sure to set up the TV when the resetting process is complete.
Insignia TVs are budget friendly and are therefore one of the options you should consider when you are looking to buy a TV on a low budget. They may however develop some serious problems over time that will necessitate a factory reset. You may also have to factory reset the TV if you bought it as a used product from someone.
In all such cases, you can use any of the methods I have described in this article to reset it to its factory or default settings. Be mindful of the fact that resetting your Insignia TV to factory settings will permanently erase any customized settings or data on the TV. You should therefore explore other ways of fixing the problems on your TV and use the factory reset approach as your last resort.
Finally, consider contacting Insignia’s customer service if your problem persists or you cannot reset your TV to its factory settings. You can reach Insignia TV by phone on this number: +1-877-467-4289 or by email at https://www.insigniaproducts.com/email-us.