Another good option is using molly bolts although they are a bit more complicated to install. There are pointed and non-pointed molly bolts options to choose from. Most people found the pointed molly bolts much easier to install than the non-pointed ones.
How to Mount TV on a Drywall Without Studs
How to Mount a TV Using Anchors
Maybe you are wondering how do you really attach the anchors to the wall and mount your TV. Before you start mounting using the anchors, it is good to check with your landlord if it is permitted
First, you will have to check for the weight of your TV. This you can do by looking it up on the user manual that comes with it or look it up online.
once you have determined the weight of the TV, you can proceed and choose the anchors accordingly. Then also determine which part of the wall you wish to install the TV.
- Select the right weight and size of anchor that will fit your TV.
- Press the mount to the TV and mark the spots where the anchors will go through the holes.
- Now it is time to do the drilling. Drill into the wall. Depending on your package, there are going to be several anchors. that you can attach to the plywood or metal mounting plate to the wall. Toggle anchors are better but you can also choose to use molly bolts. Be sure the plywood is cut to a good size that will be a good fit for you to attach your TV to the wall.
- Now you can replace the toggles with screws and then attach the plywood, tightening the screws to the wall and the plywood properly.
- Screw the TV bracket to the plywood as well. Make sure that the screws you get can work with the mount that you purchased.
- Attach the TV to the brackets. This may require the help of someone if the TV is heavy.
- Hook everything up so that the TV can work and check the mount one more time, making sure that everything works well. Tighten anything that needs to be tightened.