A Fire TV is so much fun to use when you want a variety of content with attractive and clear visuals. However, in order to get the maximum sound quality from your TV set, you would need to consider connecting your Fire TV to a soundbar. This process can be quite challenging if you are new to all of this.
The only way to transfer audio to your soundbar right from your Fire TV Stick is by connecting both devices together using the right cable. Afterward, you attach the soundbar to your TV. Then, change the output settings of both your TV and soundbar.
Helpful Guidelines to Connect a Fire TV Stick to a Soundbar
- To begin with, you must make sure all the needed devices, cables, and cords are available. This way, you wouldn’t waste much time getting too busy.
- Switch your Fire TV Stick on with one side fixed into the stick and the other end accessible for all your USB connectors.
- Then, plug the USB connector into a direct electrical source that is closer to the soundbar. (A Fire TV Stick requires the right voltage power to operate very well (5v 1A). So does the soundbar. Therefore, connecting all devices to a good power supply works best).
- Next, insert your Fire TV Stick into an HDMI input at the back of the soundbar, where several HDMI inputs and an output (ARC port) can be seen.
- You must make sure you insert the Fire TV Stick into any available HDMI input and not an HDMI output.
Best Methods to Connect a Fire TV Stick and Soundbar
There are only two ways to connect a Fire TV Stick to a soundbar. These are by using the Direct Method or Indirect Method.
Connect a Fire TV to a Soundbar Using an HDMI (Direct Method)
The HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) connection is the first and most preferred pairing method by many users. Why? Because it is able to transfer and connect audio or videos from one device to another in HD format.
Therefore, you can connect your Fire TV stick to your soundbar with the HDMI port. The Fire TV Stick device has a metallic semi-rectangular HDMI plug at its side. Your soundbar also has an HDMI port available, so it can be easily connected to the Fire TV Stick. Once you’ve identified both HDMI ports, proceed with the instructions below.
- Carefully insert the Fire TV stick into the HDMI outlet seen on the soundbar with the inscription “HDMI IN.”
- Use a second HDMI cord and fix one end into the “HDMI OUT” port on the back of the soundbar, then the other end into your TV’s HDMI port.
Connect a Fire TV to a Soundbar Using Via Bluetooth (Indirect Method)
The instructions below are for the indirect (or Bluetooth) wireless method:
- Start by inserting your Fire TV Stick into the TV’s HDMI port.
- Continue to the menu, then move to the Fire TV Stick settings.
- Turn on the Bluetooth in the settings of your soundbar.
- Select the “Bluetooth devices” option. (The Fire TV starts to scan for available devices that can be paired). As soon as the Bluetooth of your soundbar is identified, it can be connected right away.
This ends the wireless, indirect, or Bluetooth method.
Between the direct and indirect methods, music and quality sound lovers will always go for the direct method. Because the indirect method produces poor sound quality due to wireless connection interruptions. Overall, a soundbar with Bluetooth features works well with the indirect method and vice versa for the direct method.
How to Connect a Soundbar to a Television with an HDMI Cable
- Find the HDMI ARC input and output, and connect both the soundbar and the TV with your HDMI cable. Using these ports on both devices allows them to connect in various ways. You also get to control all devices with a single remote afterward.
- Next, go to the menu options of your soundbar and change your options for the input source. This will ensure the Fire TV Stick is well received by the soundbar.
- Make sure the source for the Fire TV Stick’s HDMI input is the same in the settings for other devices being used. Basically, the input amount is determined by the total number of channels available on your Fire TV Stick.
- Now, check the source of the HDMI ARC on the settings menu and select it. This way, the soundbar’s signal can be received by the TV.
- Plug the Fire TV Stick in and turn it on with a USB adapter. Once all three devices have been well connected to the right input and output ports, you will be able to see the Fire TV Stick appear on your TV screen.
- Finally, you can view a wide range of content on your Fire TV Stick with the accurate sound quality from your soundbar.
Regardless of the various guidelines provided, there is always the possibility that something will not work properly. This is expected because some of the content on your Fire TV Stick doesn’t always sink well with your soundbar or TV type.
Troubleshooting Soundbar Issues with a Fire TV Stick
However, following each step doesn’t guarantee any problems. Luckily, there are some short guidelines to follow, which would definitely solve any unforeseen problems that may emerge. With these procedures, you don’t need to worry about purchasing more equipment.
- Firstly, you must unplug all HDMI cables that have been connected from the soundbar to your TV.
- Turn both devices off for a few seconds.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the output port on the soundbar and fix the other end to the input port on the TV.
- Insert the Fire TV Stick once again into the HDMI input of the soundbar.
- Now switch on all devices and check for the same source in their settings for both the soundbar and the Fire TV. (In many cases, troubleshooting occurs when the source for both devices is not the same}.
You can now enjoy the functionalities of your devices connected together.
How to Choose the Right Fire TV Stick
With the range of specifications and prices available, the Fire TV Stick, amongst others, is very affordable. It is also easy to set up and operate as you enjoy continuous entertainment.
For people who love non-stop reality shows, seasonal games, or live sports, choosing the right fire TV stick helps a lot. There are currently two trending Fire TV Sticks on the market. These models are in high demand due to their outstanding quality as well as their customer approval ratings.
- The 4K 3rd Gen Echo Dot
- The Fire TV Stick Lite
The 4K 3rd Gen Echo Dot
This type is mostly used in media activities. There is an active voice feature present that helps you control all commands in dialogue. With this feature, you can select various options as you desire within its capabilities.
The 3rd generation Fire TV Stick produces excellent visual quality when used. It also has 8 gigabytes of storage and built-in Bluetooth.
The enticing offer about the 4K 3rd Gen Echo Dot includes a limited warranty for 12 months with every purchase.
The Fire TV Stick Lite
For a multi-functional feature at an affordable price, the Fire Stick Lite comes to mind. It provides high-quality visuals and also has a full 8 GB of storage, an HDMI input, and a similar voice command as the 3rd generation Echo Dot.
Thanks to its Bluetooth technology, it can be easily paired with just about any device with Bluetooth connectivity. This means your headphones, soundbars, and games can be automatically linked using this Fire TV Stick model. Manufacturers also give a limited warranty of three to twelve months per purchase.
What differentiates the two 3rd generation Fire TV Stick models are their distinctive graphic qualities. The Fire TV Stick Lite has a lower pixel count of 1080 than the 4K 3rd Gen Echo Dot.
How to Control Your Soundbar with a Fire TV Stick Remote Control
Every process available to achieve this will depend on the kind of TV set you use. Because some TV capacities, such as the lack of an HDMI CEC, are extremely limited. You will have to use another method to be able to control your soundbar with a Fire TV remote control.
The two ways to achieve this are by using a direct HDMI connection or operating from the settings menu on your TV set.
It is very easy to connect a Fire TV to your soundbar by yourself. However, you will need some external items like a USB adapter and an HDMI cable. You must be sure to use the right cables when connecting devices together. Also, make sure the right cords are placed inside the right ports on them.
Remember to tune the settings for you to easily view all the content on your Fire TV with an excellent sound output from the soundbar.