How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon Prime
Most of the time, as a TV fan, you will be faced with a lot of TV subscriptions you may not really need at those specific times. You may also find yourself not satisfied with a paid subscription after exhausting its free trial period and therefore would like to cancel the subscription. Showtime may be one of such channels that you will want to cancel either because of the reasons stated above or for personal reasons.
You can cancel Showtime on Amazon Prime in a number of ways. One common way and easiest is to call Amazon Customer Support and ask them to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel Showtime by yourself by visiting Amazon’s website or canceling it through the Amazon app.
It is important to note that you must have subscribed to Showtime on any of Amazon platforms such as Prime Video in order for you to be able to cancel your subscription in these ways, otherwise you’ll have to cancel it on the exact platform on which you subscribed to. If you subscribed to Showtime on an Amazon platform and you are looking to cancel it, this article is here to guide you, so read on as I take you through detailed steps on how to cancel your Showtime subscription on Prime Video.
5 Ways To Cancel Showtime on Amazon Prime
Canceling your Showtime subscription is really easy and this can be done in a number of ways as I stated earlier. The only thing is that you should be sure that you subscribed to the channel through an Amazon platform and you will be good to go.
You can cancel Showtime through the following means:
- On the Amazon website
- On the Amazon app
- On Fire Stick
- Phone Call to Amazon Customer Support
How to Cancel Showtime On the Amazon Website
The Amazon website is the ultimate destination for all your Amazon subscriptions so visiting the website is one quick way to manage your subscriptions.
To cancel your Showtime subscription on the Amazon website, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://www.amazon.com on any internet-enabled device.
- Log in to your Amazon account using your credentials
- Go to Accounts Settings and then navigate to Membership and Subscriptions.
- Choose Prime Video Channels.
- Under Prime Video Channels, you will see Showtime. You should also see a Cancel Channel link to the right of Showtime.
- Click on Cancel Channel to cancel your Showtime subscription.
With these steps, your subscription to Showtime will be technically canceled and you will not be billed when the next cycle of billing begins.
How to Cancel Showtime on the Amazon App
The Amazon app is also one possible platform where you can manage or cancel your subscriptions when you so desire.
If you want to cancel Showtime via the app, you should use the Amazon shopping app and not the Prime Video app.
You download and install the Amazon shopping app on your smartphone and follow the steps below to cancel your subscription with Showtime:
- Launch the app and sign in with your login credentials.
- Tap on the Menu icon and select Your Account.
- Choose the Membership and Subscriptions option.
- Sometimes, the app will not display any active subscription on your screen even though you have one. To see your subscriptions in this case, tap on Don’t See Subscriptions. You will be redirected to a different page where you can see all your subscriptions.
- Tap Channel Subscription and select Prime Video Channels.
- Navigate to Showtime and tap on Cancel Channel.
At this point, you would have successfully canceled your subscription with Showtime.
How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon Fire Stick
With your Amazon Fire Stick, you can enjoy a free trial session of Showtime’s shows for as long as 30 days upon your subscription. However, if you decide not to continue with the subscription, you can use the steps below to cancel it at any time.
- Go to the Amazon App Store on your TV.
- Go to Menu and select Subscriptions from the menu options.
- Scroll to the Showtime App and choose Cancel Subscription.
Your subscription to Showtime will officially be terminated after using these steps.
How to Cancel Showtime through Email
Writing an email to the customer service of Amazon to cancel your Showtime subscription can be an alternative to the above methods if you encounter problems with the Amazon website or app.
You should follow these steps if you want to email customer service to help you cancel your subscription.
- Go to https://www.amazon.com on your computer or smartphone.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the webpage and click on Customer Service.
- A help page will be displayed on your screen. Scroll down and click or tap on Need More Help.
- A Contact Us link will display on the screen. Click on it.
- You will be prompted to describe your issue. Select Prime or Something Else.
- Navigate to Tell Us More.
- In the Tell Us More section, you’ll find a list of options in a drop-down menu. Choose Prime, followed by Membership Management, and then Change Prime Auto-renew.
- Choose Talk to Someone and click or tap on an email button that appears on the screen.
- A message box will be displayed on your screen after hitting the email button. In the box, you can write your message and request for assistance to cancel your Showtime subscription.
- When you are done with your message, hit the send button and a customer service representative will respond to you as soon as possible to take you through the cancellation process.
How to Cancel Showtime by Phone
In situations where you are experiencing internet connectivity issues, you can simply cancel your subscription with Showtime by placing a phone call to the Customer Service of Amazon and requesting your subscription to be canceled.
Normally, you will be required to provide your subscription details so make sure you have them ready when you call Amazon. You should also request some form of proof from the agent after the cancellation is effected.
You can dial +18882804331 and request a customer service representative to cancel your Showtime subscription whenever you are ready.
How Much is Showtime a Month?
You can access Showtime only if you subscribe to its paid services. The channel has both monthly and annual subscription services.
Amazon Prime members can access Showtime’s monthly subscription at a cost of $10.99.
There is also an annual subscription service which comes at a cost of $99. The annual subscription, however, is only available if you subscribed directly on showtime’s website or through Apple Services.
You will be granted a 30-day free trial when you subscribe to the services, after which you will begin to bill for their services.
Can You Cancel Showtime Before Trial Ends?
Yes. Showtime can be canceled at any time – during and after your free trial. There is actually no restriction on when you can cancel your Showtime subscription.
If you cancel the subscription before the end of your free trial period, you will not be billed.
However, you will be billed once your subscription remains active after the free trial period.
Can You Get A Refund After Cancelling Showtime?
Amazon Prime does not offer a refund for any of the subscriptions you can cancel on its platform. So, when you cancel your subscription with Showtime, do not expect to receive money in return.
Rather, you will still be allowed to watch Showtime for as long as your initial subscription period has been not exhausted or elapsed. At the of the period when your subscription to Showtime ends, your subscription will not be renewed and you will also not be billed.
Showtime is one entertaining channel Amazon Prime members can add to their channel list. It delivers a variety of TV shows such as movies, documentaries, and many more. Its content, however, is not free and you will be required to subscribe to paid services before you can access it.
If you have been using the Showtime free trial and wish to cancel it on Prime Video or you probably just want to cancel it in order to save some dollars, you can use any of the methods I described above.
You should be sure that you subscribed for the channel on an Amazon platform before attempting to cancel it with the methods I described, otherwise, you should cancel it on the other platforms on which you subscribed to.