Hulu is a popular streaming service in America that is best known for its excellent delivery of a variety of TV shows including current season movies and early access to the season’s latest episodes. The service’s streaming platform is also home to several participating TV channels which seek to offer you the best of TV entertainment. Hulu is available on multiple streaming platforms such as Roku, Fire TV, game consoles, smartphones, and smart TVs. In order for you to access the content on the network, you should subscribe to their service and then activate the network on your preferred streaming device.
You can activate Hulu on your streaming device by installing the Hulu app and activating the app on Hulu’s website using an activation code from the app.
Usually, activating the app on streaming devices requires an activation code. However, the activation process differs a bit from device to device, so continue reading this article if you want to know how to activate the Hulu app on your device, be it Roku, Xbox, Firestick, or Smart TV.
Activate Hulu Account on Roku, Xbox, Firestick, and Smart TV using the Hulu App
After creating an account with Hulu and subscribing to its package, the next thing you should do if you want to stream the service on your device is to check if your device has the Hulu app installed on it. If it is not, then you’ll have to download the app and activate it on your streaming device.
The Hulu app is free and available on the app stores such as the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, Xbox Store, and the Roku Channel Store.
With your Hulu account sign in credentials, the Hulu app, and a good internet connection, you will be set to begin the activation process of Hulu on your device.
How To Activate Hulu Account on Roku
You can follow the steps below if you want to activate Hulu on your Roku device:
- Press Home on the Roku remote and scroll to Streaming Channels.
- Open the Roku Channel Store and type in “Hulu” in the search bar.
- Select “Hulu” and Add Channel to install the Hulu app.
- After the installation is complete, launch the app on your Roku device.
- Choose Log in and use the on-screen keyboard to enter your Hulu account username and password. Click log in after that.
- Your screen will display a list of profiles. Select your profile from the list and begin to stream the content of Hulu.
How To Activate Hulu Account on Xbox
Below are the steps that you can use to activate Hulu on your Xbox:
- Log in to your Xbox live account.
- Go to the Store tab and select the Apps tile.
- Go to Search apps and type in “Hulu Plus”
- Click on the Hulu Plus app once you see it.
- Download the app and install it on your Xbox.
- Launch the Hulu app after installation.
- Sign in with your Hulu credentials. An activation code will be displayed on your screen. Take note of it and write it down.
- Visit https://www.hulu.com/activate on your smartphone or computer. Log in and enter the activation code you see on your TV screen.
After these steps, the Hulu app on your Xbox will be activated and you will be able to stream TV shows or series on your Xbox.
How To Activate Hulu Account on Firestick
You can also activate Hulu on your Firestick or Fire TV. To do this, use the steps that have been outlined below:
- Go to the Home screen on your TV and type in “Hulu” in the Search bar.
- Select “Hulu” from the app store to download and install the app.
- After installation, launch the app on your Firestick and then choose your TV provider.
- An activation code will be displayed on your screen. Take note of it.
- Visit https://www.hulu.com/activate on your smartphone or computer and enter the activation code you see on your TV screen.
- Click Continue and log in with your TV provider’s credentials.
The Hulu app on your Firestick will be activated at this point, allowing you to stream the content on the Hulu streaming service.
How To Activate Hulu Account on Smart TV
Hulu is a very popular streaming service, so most Smart TVs already have the Hulu app installed on them when you purchase it for the first time.
However, if your smart TV doesn’t have the app preinstalled, don’t worry since you can always download it from your TV’s app store.
To activate Hulu on your smart TV, follow the steps below:
- On your TV, go to the Apps or App Store or Store depending on your smart TV.
- Search for Hulu or type in “Hulu” in the search bar.
- Once you see the Hulu app, Click Download or Get to install the app on your TV.
- Launch the app and choose Log in.
- Sign in with your Hulu credentials. You will see an activation code displayed on your screen. Take note of it and write it down.
- With a smartphone or computer, visit https://www.hulu.com/activate and sign in when you are prompted to do so. Enter the activation code after that.
- Select your profile from the list of profiles on the Hulu app and begin to stream the shows on Hulu.
How To Activate Hulu Account On Sprint
If you have a Sprint account and wish to activate Hulu on your Sprint, you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to your sprint account and choose the smartphone that you want to watch Hulu on.
- Click on Change Service Add-ons and then Choose Hulu.
- You will be presented with a registration form which you have to fill out. Upon filling out the form, a link will be sent to your phone. Tap on the link and complete the process.
Once the setup is complete, you will be able to watch Hulu on your device.
Why Can’t I Activate Hulu on My TV?
Although the activation process for Hulu is a very simple one, you may find yourself faced with some challenges at certain times and therefore will not be able to activate the app on your device.
You may be unable to activate Hulu on your TV if:
- You have a bad internet connection.
- The Hulu app on your device is outdated.
- You type in the wrong activation code
- You type in incorrect login credentials
You can fix these problems by:
- Ensuring that your internet connection is strong and stable. You can restart your router if you notice you have internet connectivity issues.
- Updating the Hulu app. Always use the latest version of the app when you want to activate your account or stream any content on Hulu.
- Uninstalling the Hulu app and reinstalling it again for a different activation code.
- Using a different browser if your current browser is not supported by Hulu.
- Clearing cache and browsing history. This will free up more space for the Hulu app to run smoothly and not crash.
- Ensuring that you type in the right activation code. Check for any typing errors and type the activation code exactly as you see it on your screen.
- Signing in with your correct Hulu username and password. If you forget your password, you can click on Forget Password and then reset your password.
- Contact Hulu’s customer service if all of the above tips fail to work.
How Many Devices Can You Have Hulu On?
Sometimes, you may want to share your Hulu account with your friends or family so that they can also stream on their devices. However, on most occasions, you’ll find out that there is a limitation on the number of devices that you can actually stream Hulu on.
For a basic Hulu account, the maximum number of devices that you can stream Hulu on at a particular instance is two.
Any other person will attempt to stream the service on your account while the two devices are already streaming and will have an error message on his or her device.
In this case, one of the first two viewers will have to log out of the account in order to allow the third person to stream on his or her device.
You can subscribe to the Hulu + Live service and get the Unlimited Screens Add-on if you want to stream on more than two devices at the same time. The only thing is you have to pay $9.99 every month in addition to your usual TV charge.
Can I Share My Hulu Account with my Family In A Different Home?
You can share your Hulu account with your family in a different home and stream from different locations. Remember that, only two people will be able to stream Hulu at the same time and your family will access limited content on Hulu.
This is because Hulu’s Live TV channels are based on your physical location and the network you chose as your Home Network during your subscription.
If you or your family streams Live TV outside of your registered home network, your access to the Live TV channels will be disrupted or limited as a result of the different locations.
A better option is to get two different Hulu accounts for yourself and your family so that you can stream Live TV in both homes.
Hulu is a very good streaming service for you if you are looking for the latest season of movies in town. It can be accessed on a variety of streaming devices such as those that I have mentioned above.
If you want to watch its shows on your device, you will have to download the Hulu app and activate your account using an activation code.
Depending on your device, you should follow the appropriate steps I have described above to activate the app and you will soon find yourself watching the amazing shows this great streaming service has to offer.