Since its launch in 1982, The Weather Channel has been the go-to channel for most people who want to access live weather information, updates, and weather forecasts for a day or several days beyond. The information that the Weather Channel television network provides helps subscribers to keep in touch with changes in weather patterns around them, which ultimately guides them on how to plan their activities for the day. So, can you really activate The Weather Channel on your online platforms such as Roku and Fire Stick in order to access such weather information with ease?
Fortunately, you can activate The Weather Channel across multiple platforms such as Fire Stick, Xfinity, YouTube TV, and Roku by installing The Weather Channel app on your streaming platform and then activating the app on their website with an activation code.
The process for activating the channel is quite simple. You will be required to download the app and activate it on your streaming platform before you will be allowed to stream its contents. So, continue reading this article as I take you through some steps with which you can activate The Weather Channel on your streaming platforms.
Activate The Weather Channel on Fire Stick, Xfinity, YouTube TV, Roku by using The Weather Channel App
The Weather Channel app
The Weather Channel has an official app that you can easily download for free from the Google Play Store if you are an Android user or from the Apple App Store if you use iOS.
It is only available on smart TVs such as Android TV, Roku, Xfinity Flex, Samsung, and Fire TV. The app comes with a one-week free trial after which you will be required to subscribe monthly at a fee of $2.99 or annually for $29.99.
The Weather Channel app is a useful weather guide since it facilitates the distribution of weather information in real-time by using your location and preferred settings.
It also provides information on the weather forecast, pressure, humidity, wind, and most importantly alerts you when there is going to be extreme weather conditions such as storms and hurricanes.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Fire Stick
Fire Stick is an Amazon service that allows you to stream content via an app using the Fire TV Stick. To activate the Weather Channel app on your Fire Stick, you will first have to download the app from the Amazon App Store to your Fire TV.
The steps for the activation process of The Weather Channel on Fire Stick are as follows:
- Download and install The Weather Channel App on your Fire Stick platform.
- Follow the instructions on the app to get an activation code.
- Enter the code on this website weathergroup.com/activate using your smartphone or computer.
- Open the app on Fire Stick and set your location in the app settings.
The activation process is complete and you can now have access to the weather news and updates on your Fire Stick.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Xfinity
The Weather Channel can be activated on cable TV Xfinity almost the same way as Fire Stick.
The steps for the activation process are as follows:
- Download and install The Weather Channel app on your TV from the TV’s app store.
- Follow the instructions on the app to get an activation code.
- Visit weathergroup.com/activate to select Xfinity as your TV provider and enter the activation code to activate.
- After activating the app, select your location and alerts on the app settings on your TV.
Your activation is complete now and you can fully enjoy all the benefits The Weather Channel has to offer.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on Roku
Roku, like the platforms stated earlier, allows you to stream videos from The Weather Channel using The Weather Channel app.
All you have to do to activate the channel is to follow the steps below:
- Download and install The Weather Channel app on your device from the Roku app store.
- Launch the app and follow the instructions on the app to get an activation code.
- Visit weathergroup.com/activate to select your Roku as your TV provider.
- Enter the activation code to activate.
- You can now select your location and alerts on the app settings on your TV.
You can fully access the broadcast from the Weather Channel after activating the app.
How to Activate The Weather Channel on YouTube TV
Activating the Weather Channel on YouTube TV can be a bit tricky since you can not stream the Weather Channel app directly on the YouTube TV interface.
The Weather Channel, however, can be streamed on YouTube TV indirectly via the Local Now service.
The service is a sister channel of The Weather Channel and it broadcasts only content that are related to the user’s specified area/location. The contents include real-time weather information and alerts.
You may start with a free trial of their services for about a week and later upgrade to full membership by paying about $50 each month.
Can you add Weather Channel to YouTube TV?
The Weather Channel was made available on YouTube TV in April 2022 and can be added to YouTube TV. Subscribers, however, continue to face the problem of not getting local weather updates since YouTube TV, unlike many cable and satellite tv networks, does not broadcast for a specific local market.
You may therefore end up viewing a whole session of weather updates of other cities other than your preferred locations.
A quick way to fix this problem is to link your YouTube TV account with the Weather Channel app so that you can stream on the app using your YouTube TV credentials.
How to connect the Weather Channel to a YouTube TV account
You can link the Weather Channel to your YouTube TV account by going through the following steps:
- Download and install the Weather Channel app on your TV.
- Choose to Link Cable TV Provider after installation.
- Follow the instructions on your TV to get an activation code.
- Visit weathergroup.com on your smartphone or computer and search for YouTube TV.
- Link your account and enter the activation code.
Your YouTube account will be linked to the app at this point and you will be able to set your preferred location for weather updates on your TV.
How to set up alerts on the Weather Channel App
Alerts on The Weather Channel app is a very useful feature that you should not forgo after activating The Weather Channel on your platform.
The alerts you set on the app normally will include breaking news on weather and live updates on snow, storms, and rains. The alerts may save you from a lot of stress and inconveniences arising from sudden weather changes if you get notified in time.
To set up the alerts and receive these notifications on your smartphone, you should follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on the app and select My Alerts.
- Select your alert category and tap Enable.
- Choose your specified location.
- Choose your preferences by selecting the subcategories for all your alerts.
- Tap Save to save your preferences.
After saving your preferences, the Weather Channel app will send you notifications as soon as there is a weather alert relating to your saved category.
Weather Channel without Internet
The Weather Channel has a network service on its app that is available for users who have limited or no internet connection.
The Weather Channel has made available such a service for people who normally face internet connection issues in order for them to have access to weather updates and alerts so that they can save themselves from dangerous weather conditions.
This makes it possible to enjoy undisrupted weather forecasts and alerts from The Weather Channel app even with the worst of internet connections just by activating The Weather Channel Mesh on the app.
What is the Weather Channel Mesh?
The Weather Channel Mesh is an offline service on the Weather Channel app which allows users to access weather information without the internet.
With the Weather Channel Mesh, you can be in touch with weather alerts even from the remotest parts of the world. The alerts from this service may be your lifesaver from a severe weather condition if you run into an internet connectivity issue. Activating the service is simple and you can follow the steps below to do so:
- Download and install the Weather Channel app from the Google Play Store on your device.
- Open the Weather app and activate by following the instructions from the app.
- Go to Settings on the app.
- At the Settings menu, select Mesh Network Activation On.
The Mesh Network is now activated on your device and you can now view weather forecasts and alerts even if you do not have an internet connection.
Having access to real-time accurate weather forecasts and alerts on your platforms is undoubtedly a great way to save yourself from dangerous weather conditions and inconveniences that you might have encountered from unpredictable rainfalls or snow. With above the laid-out steps on how to activate the Weather Channel on your platforms, you should find it easier to download the Weather Channel’s app and activate it to enjoy the full features the app has to offer.