How to Activate NBC on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV
Since its launch in the 1930s, NBC has been one of the popular American TV networks that have been delivering entertaining TV shows to viewers in America and beyond. It is one of the “Big Three” American TV networks and has aired some of the longest-running TV series that have kept viewers glued to the edge of their seats over the years. The good news is that NBC is now available on several internet-enabled devices, making it possible for it to be linked to your streaming devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV. However, you will be required to activate it on your streaming device first before you can begin to stream its live shows and drama series.
You can activate NBC on your Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV by installing the NBC app and activating it with an activation code on NBC’s website.
If you are excited about the fact that you can actually stream your favorite NBC drama series or watch NBC live on your streaming device, then this article is perfect for you so continue reading as we discuss in detail how you can activate the channel on your Roku, Fire TV, and Apple TV in order for you to begin your streaming experience right away.
Activate NBC on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV using the App
Activating the NBC on your Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV using the NBC app is very easy and involves simple steps which we will be discussing soon.
The NBC’s app is free and available for download on almost all app stores such as the Roku Channel Store, Amazon App Store, and the Apple App Store.
You will have to install the app on your preferred device after which it will generate an activation code for you.
You will also be required to have a subscription with a local TV provider before you can successfully activate the app on your TV.
Once you have the app, a good internet connection, and your TV provider’s login credentials, you are set to begin the activation process.
How to activate MTV on Roku, Fire TV, and Apple TV
How To Activate NBC on Roku
To activate NBC on your Roku TV, follow the steps below:
- Press Home on the Roku remote and scroll to Streaming Channels.
- Open the Roku Channel Store and type in “NBC” in the search bar.
- Select “NBC” once you see it.
- Add Channel to install the NBC app.
- Launch the app on your Roku device after installation.
- An activation code will appear on your screen. You should take note of the code since you will be using it to activate the app on the website.
- With your smartphone or computer, visit https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate and enter the activation code you see on your TV screen.
- Click Continue and select your TV provider.
- Sign in with your TV provider’s credentials.
The NBC app on your Roku device will be refreshed and activated after you log in with your correct details on the TV provider’s sign-in page.
You will then be allowed to stream content on the NBC app and enjoy all the exciting shows the channel has to offer.
How To Activate NBC on Amazon Fire TV
You can activate NBC on Amazon Fire TV by following the steps below:
- Go to the Home screen on your TV and type in “NBC” in the Search bar.
- Select “NBC” from the app store to download and install the app.
- Launch the app on your Fire TV after installation.
- An activation code will appear on your screen. Take note of the code as you will be using it later to activate the app on the website.
- Visit https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate on your smartphone or computer and enter the activation code you see on your TV screen.
- Click Continue and log in with your TV provider’s credentials.
The NBC app on your Fire TV will be activated once your credentials are verified. After the activation, you will be able to stream content on the NBC app.
How To Activate NBC on Apple TV
NBC can also be activated on your Apple TV. Third-generation Apple TVs have the NBC app already installed on them so you do not have to download it before you activate it. However, you will have to download and install the NBC yourself if you are using fourth-generation Apple TVs and subsequent models.
To activate the app on your Apple TV, follow the steps below:
- Go to the App Store on Apple TV and type in “NBC” in the search bar.
- Select the NBC app and Click Install.
- Launch the app after installation.
- An activation code will appear on your screen. Take note of it and write it down.
- Go to https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate on your smartphone or computer and enter the activation code you see on your TV screen.
- Click Continue and sign in with your TV provider’s credentials.
At this point, the NBC app on your Apple TV should be activated, allowing you to stream TV shows or series on your Apple TV.
NBC Activate not working?. Why Can’t I Activate It?
It is possible that you will encounter some glitches here and there while you try to activate the NBC app on your device. But do not worry since I’m going to be sharing with you a few tips you can apply to fix the problem.
The activation code refreshes after some minutes, so in case your activation code fails to work, you may consider using these tips:
- Wait and try out the other activation codes that will be provided for you.
- Clear the cache and cookies from your browser.
- Refresh your devices and begin the activation process again.
- Uninstall the NBC app and reinstall it for a new activation code.
- You can also try out different browsers on your smartphone or computer
- Contact the customer service of NBC for assistance.
Do You have to Pay for NBC?
Access to the TV shows on the NBC’s app is free. However, you must be a subscriber to a TV provider in order to stream the shows on the app.
NBCUniversal has a streaming service, Peacock, which has both free and premium subscription services.
The service allows viewers to watch thousands of NBC’s old TV series as well as new episodes of their favorite series for free and without ads if you are a premium subscriber.
Beginning in the month of September, you can subscribe to the Peacock service for as low as $1.99 per month and $19.99 for the whole year.
Can I watch NBC without a TV provider?
You can not stream NBC on the NBC app if you do not have a TV provider. However, if you want to stream it without a cable TV provider, you may consider other streaming platforms which include it in their package and require no TV provider subscription.
Examples of such platforms include Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, Fubo TV, and YouTube TV.
These platforms are available on your streaming devices and will require you to have a subscription with them before you can stream NBC using their apps.
How do NBC credits work?
Sometimes, especially during promotions, NBCUniversal gives away credits to subscribers to enable them to unlock episodes of NBC TV series.
If you sign up for NBCUniversal around such times, you will be given three credits, each of which can be used only once to unlock the episodes.
The downside to the credits is that you can not redeem them on NBC Sports.
Popular Shows on NBC
As I said earlier, NBC’s popularity over all these years is due to the quality TV shows it strives to offer its viewers. The channel has a lot of TV shows ranging from drama to comedy to action movies. Below are some of the popular shows the channel has to offer for your viewing pleasure:
- Law & Order: Organized Crime Secret City
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- America’s Got Talent
- Quantum Leap
- The Voice
- The Blacklist
- Days of our Lives
- Top Chef
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Late Night with Seth Meyers
- Lopez vs. Lopez
Activating NBC on a streaming device is one guaranteed way of accessing the countless movies the channel has to offer. With the NBC app and a local TV subscription, you should have no problems activating it on your Roku, Fire TV, or your Apple TV if you follow the steps that I have outlined above. You should download the app from your app store and use the activation code it generates to activate it on the website I provided above.
Also, feel free to try out the tips I shared in case your activation code fails to work and you will be good to go.